These cheesy skewers will add Mediterranean flair to your next party. If this is the entree, you know the rest of the meal will be quality!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 handful black olives, chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp capers
- 2 preserved lemon, chopped
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 blocks halloumi
- Put a large glug of olive oil, a large handful of chopped black olives, a bunch of chopped parsley, 1 tsp capers, 2 chopped preserved lemons, 2 tsp red wine vinegar and 1 finely chopped red onion into a small bowl. Season and mix well.
- Cut 2 blocks of halloumi into 8 equal slices each. Cut each slice in half to make 32 pieces.
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan. Brown the halloumi on both sides, then push in a skewer so it looks like a lollipop. Serve warm or at room temperature with the salsa.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||2.1 g|
|- Sugars||1.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.7 g|