Devilled eggs are a retro nibble that have recently become trendy. The base stays the same, but you can add different toppings depending on what you fancy.
- 12 eggs
- 5 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp celery salt
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- Tabasco sauce
- Put the eggs into cold water, bring up to a gentle simmer, then cook for 10 minutes. Drain and leave under cold running water until completely cooled.
- Shell and halve the eggs and pop the yolks out into a bowl. Mash with a fork, then beat in the mayo, vinegar, celery salt, mustard and a dash of Tabasco. Taste and season if needed. Spoon into a piping bag with a large star nozzle then pipe into the egg boats. Add your choice of toppings and serve.
- Grilled parma ham with thinly sliced black olives
- Fried chorizo with a cube of avocado and a pinch of hot smoked paprika
- Crayfish tails with spring onion and sriracha
- Slow-roast tomatoes and chives
Nutritional Information: PER SERVING (WITHOUT TOPPINGS) 84 KCALS | FAT 7.6G | SATURATES 1.1G | CARBS 0.2G | FIBRE 0G | PROTEIN 3.7G | SALT 0.3G
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||0.2 g|
|- Sugars||0.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.0 g|