This biscuit slice is chock-a-block with deliciousness, from your favourite bikkie Custard Creams, to white chocolate chunks. You'll love this served with a cuppa!
- 175 g butter plus extra for greasing
- 200 g light muscovado sugar
- 125 g golden caster sugar
- 4 tbsp custard powder
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 250 g self-raising flour
- pinch salt
- 15 custard creams, roughly crumbled
- 150 g vanilla white chocolate, chopped into small chunks
- Heat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4 and butter and line a 20×30cm tin with baking paper.
- Melt the butter, both sugars and custard powder gently in a large saucepan. When the mixture is smooth and you can’t feel any grains of sugar left, take off the heat and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the eggs, one-by-one, until smooth, followed by the vanilla and flour with ¼ tsp salt. Quickly stir in two-thirds of the broken custard creams followed by the chocolate chunks, and scrape into the tin. Scatter over the remaining biscuit bits and bake for 30 minutes until golden and set on top.
- Cool the blondies in the tin before cutting into bars.
Nutritional Information: PER SERVING 307 KCALS | FAT 13.5G | SATURATES 7.9G | CARBS 42.4G | FIBRE 0.7G | PROTEIN 3.4G | SALT 0.5G
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||38.4 g|
|- Sugars||20.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.5 g|