Perfect for those cooler winter night, this simple warming bowl of creamy spaghetti with chicken and bacon is served with grated parmesan and cracked pepper.
- 375 g spaghetti
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500 g chicken breast strips
- 250 g packet diced bacon
- 6 green spring onions, thinly sliced
- 300 ml tub light thickened cream
- 1 chicken stock cube (12g), crumbled
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan, plus extra to serve
- cracked black pepper, to garnish
- Cook pasta in a stockpot of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain, reserving ½ cup cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, deep, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add chicken in two batches. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until just cooked. Remove.
- Add bacon to same hot pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 4 minutes, or until golden. Return chicken to pan with onions, cream, pasta and combined reserved cooking liquid and stock cube. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until hot. Stir in parmesan.
- Garnish pasta mixture with pepper. Serve with extra parmesan.
You can use pancetta instead of bacon, or try adding 2 tbsp tomato paste for a subtle tomato flavour.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||37.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||71.1 g|
|- Sugars||3.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.6 g|