How could you not give this chocolate slice recipe a try? Nutella, desiccated coconut and crunchy hazelnuts, this chocolate slice is every child's dream!
- 2 cups plain flour
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup caster sugar
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut
- 175 g unsalted butter, melted
- 120 g packet whole skinless hazelnuts
- 250 g tub sour cream
- 1 cup Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread
- 2 eggs
- Grease an 18cm x 28cm (4cm deep) rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above pan edges.
- Sift flour and cocoa into a large bowl. Stir in sugar, coconut and butter until well combined. Reserve 1 cup of mixture and refrigerate. Press remaining mixture over base of prepared pan.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 15 minutes, or until firm to touch. Cool. Place pan on an oven tray.
- To make filling, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Whisk well. Pour over base.
- Add hazelnuts to reserved mixture. Mix well. Sprinkle evenly over filling.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 50 minutes, or until firm to the touch. Remove. Cool completely in pan. Refrigerate for 4 hours, or until cold.
- To serve, cut slice into squares.
Slice can be made up to four days ahead. Store in the fridge, covered, until ready to serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||18.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||40.7 g|
|- Sugars||26.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.5 g|