Delicious, light cupcakes with fruity mascarpone cream toppings. Best bit? If it's not peach season, you can substitute for other fruits like strawberries!
- 5 yellow peaches (750g)
- 125 g unsalted butter, chopped at room temperature
- ⅔ cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 ⅓ cup self-raising flour
- ⅓ cup milk
- ¼ cup apricot jam
- 300 ml tub thickened cream
- ½ cup icing sugar mixture
- 250 g tub mascarpone
- Line a 12-hole muffin pan (1/3-cup capacity) with paper cases.
- Peel and chop two of the peaches into 1cm pieces.
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl of an electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until combined. Transfer to a large bowl. Add sifted flour and milk, in two batches. Stir until combined.
- Fold in peaches. Divide evenly among prepared cases.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for 15 to 17 minutes, or until cooked when tested. Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Cut remaining unpeeled peaches into 24 wedges. Heat jam in a heatproof jug in a microwave on High for 10 seconds, or until warm. Strain through a sieve. Brush jam over cut sides of peach wedges.
- To make frosting, beat cream and sugar in a small bowl of an electric mixer until firm peaks form. Fold in mascarpone.
- Spoon into a piping bag fitted with a 1½cm plain nozzle. Pipe frosting onto cupcakes. Decorate each with two peach wedges.
Peaches can be replaced with plums, strawberries or well-drained canned peaches.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||18.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||37.8 g|
|- Sugars||26.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.3 g|