Recipe by: © Copyright, Annabel Langbein Media
Serve these easy mussel and zucchini fritters between slices of bread with a squeeze of lemon. You could even make them on the barbecue for a grilled flavour.
- ¾ cup plain flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 24 cooked mussels, quartered
- 2 medium zucchini, grated, moisture squeezed out
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp chilli flakes or cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- Pepper, to taste
- butter, for cooking
- lemon wedges, to serve (optional)
- Mix flour, baking powder and eggs to make a very thick, smooth batter. Stir in all other ingredients except butter and lemon wedges until evenly combined.
- Heat butter in a large, heavy-based frypan until melted and foaming. Working in batches, spoon 2-3 tbsp piles of mixture into the hot pan and flatten slightly.
- Cook over a medium heat until golden brown and fully cooked through (2-3 minutes each side). Add a little more butter between batches, if needed. Serve with lemon wedges, if using.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||9.9 g|
|- Sugars||1.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.8 g|