Recipe by: © Copyright, Annabel Langbein Media
This quick dish not only tastes wonderful, it’s a breeze to cook and provides an instant fix of antioxidant vitamins. Pesto gives it delicious flavour!
- ¼ medium pumpkin, peeled and seeded, cut into 2 cm slices, then small wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 400 g penne pasta or other pasta shapes
- 1 red capsicum, cut into thin strips
- 5- 6 fresh spinach leaves washed, and roughly sliced
- ½- ¾ cup pesto
- grated Parmesan, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place pumpkin pieces on an oven tray (line the tray with baking paper to save on washing up). Drizzle with 1⁄2 the olive oil and all the golden syrup and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes until tender and starting to brown.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to manufacturer’s instructions. Heat remaining oil in a frypan and fry pepper strips for a minute or two until starting to soften. Add spinach, cover and cook another 2 minutes until wilted. Drain pasta and toss with pesto then gently toss through spinach, peppers and pumpkin. Check seasonings. Serve at once.
- Accompany with a bowl of freshly grated parmesan.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||97.2 g|
|- Sugars||17.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||10.4 g|