Recipe by: © Copyright, Annabel Langbein Media
This easy mixture is terrific lunch fare. Using mashed potatoes, chives, dill and cream cheese, it can be enjoyed both hot or cold, with vegies or salad.
- 2 eggs
- 250 g cream cheese
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 3 cups roughly mashed potato
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 tbsp horseradish sauce
- Salt and pepper, to season
- sour cream, to serve (optional)
- lightly boiled fresh asparagus, to serve (optional)
- Beat together eggs and cream cheese. Fold in cornflour, mashed potato, dill, chives and horseradish. Season with salt and pepper. Spread into a well-greased 20cm loose-bottomed cake tin, sprinkle with sea salt. Bake at 150°C for 11⁄4-11⁄2 hours depending on the wetness of the potatoes.
- Remove from baking tin and allow to cool. If desired, spread the top with sour cream and top with lightly boiled asparagus. Serve in wedges, warm or cold.
The cooking time will vary depending on the type of potatoes – wetter potatoes take longer.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||7.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||17.2 g|
|- Sugars||2.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.4 g|