Recipe by: © Copyright, Annabel Langbein Media
This hearty red curry with peanuts and coconut cream, is a delicious winter warmer. The base for this curry works well with beef and chicken as well as vegies!
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3- 4 tbsp red curry paste, to taste
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- zest of 1 lime
- 2 kaffir lime leaves (optional)
- 400 ml can coconut cream
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 8 cherry tomatoes, chopped, or 1 cup canned tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriander, to garnish
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts, to garnish
- 250 g potatoes
- 250 g sweet potatoes
- 250 g pumpkin
- 250 g eggplant
- 300 g canned chickpeas, drained and washed
- 200 g green beans or other green vegetable
- To make curry base, heat oil in a large pot and gently fry curry paste, tomato paste, ginger, fish sauce and brown sugar for a minute or two until they smell aromatic.
- Add lime zest kaffir leaves if using, coconut cream, stock, and chopped tomatoes.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add “dense” vegetables and chickpeas to curry base and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add green vegetables, stir to combine, cover and simmer gently without stirring until vegetables are cooked through, 8-10 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and peanuts.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||21.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||30.0 g|
|- Sugars||13.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.2 g|