Recipe by: © Copyright, Annabel Langbein Media
With a pot, wooden spoon and a few ingredients these balls are whipped up in no time. They will disappear in no time too! And the kids will just love them.
- 150 g butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups pitted dates, chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 3 cups cornflakes or Rice Bubbles
- ½ cup desiccated coconut or coconut thread
- Melt butter with sugar, dates, salt and vanilla in a pot. Bring to the boil and stir over heat for 3 minutes. Remove from element, cool for 10 minutes, then beat in egg. Add Rice Bubbles or Cornflakes and mix well.
- Press into small balls and roll in coconut. Refrigerate to harden.
Will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 weeks.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||18.2 g|
|- Sugars||15.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.0 g|