Recipe by: © Copyright, Annabel Langbein Media
Russian fudge is a one-pot mix and a real treat that children can make with a little bit of help. You can add walnuts or dried fruit to this recipe also.
- 3 cups sugar
- ½ cup milk
- ¾ cup (½ 395g tin) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp golden syrup
- 100 g butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup raisins, or other chopped dried fruit (optional)
- Line a 20cm x 18cm baking tin with baking paper.
- Combine all ingredients, except walnuts and raisins, in a large pot. Cook over a low heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently so the mixture doesn’t burn. Cook until mixture is a rich golden colour.
- Remove from the heat and beat until thick with a wooden spoon (about 2 minutes). Add nuts and raisins, if using, and pour into prepared tin. Cut into small pieces when set.
Will keep in an airtight container in a cool place for 2 weeks.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||32.1 g|
|- Sugars||30.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.4 g|