Ready in just 20 mins, these ciabatta bread slices with pancetta, crisp iceberg lettuce and creamy horseradish dressing are delightful snacks or party food.
- 2 baby cos lettuces (400g)
- ½ x 350 g ciabatta loaf
- 2 tbsp garlic-infused olive oil
- 100 g packet sliced pancetta
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tsp horseradish cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- To make dressing, place all ingredients in a small jug. Mix well.
- Cut one whole lettuce lengthways into quarters. Cut remaining lettuce lengthways in half. Reserve one half for another use. Cut remaining half lengthways in half again.
- Cut three thick diagonal slices from loaf. Cut each diagonally in half. Brush both sides of bread with oil.
- Heat an oiled grill pan over a high heat. Add bread slices. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until charred. Remove.
- Add pancetta. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until browned and edges are crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with absorbent kitchen paper. Break into large pieces.
- Arrange lettuce wedges on bread slices on a serving plate. Scatter over pancetta. Drizzle over dressing.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||14.1 g|
|- Sugars||2.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.5 g|