Make a simple chicken dinner more interesting with a mild tomato salsa and a corn, avocado and cherry tomato side salad. Couscous is great to soak up flavours.
- 4 x 150 g chicken breast fillets, cut lengthways into thin strips
- 1 cup mild tomato salsa, plus extra, to serve
- 1 cup water
- 1 ½ cups couscous
- 2 corn cobs, husks removed
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- Season chicken fillets with salt and pepper.
- To make couscous, combine salsa and water in a large saucepan. Bring to boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Keep warm.
- To make salad, heat an oiled grill plate over a medium to high heat. Cook corn, turning occasionally, for about 8 minutes, or until charred. Remove. Cool slightly. Cut away kernels. Combine with remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Cook chicken on same heated grill plate for about 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked.
- Serve chicken with extra salsa, couscous and salad.
You can leave chicken breasts whole. When grilling, cover loosely with foil to help cook through.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||84.9 g|
|- Sugars||8.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||10.0 g|