Out of ideas for dinner? This spiral pasta is a fabulous idea. With bacon pieces, fresh spinach leaves, garlic and cream, it's a fast & easy dinner fix.
- 375 g spiral pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 bacon rashers (550g), rind removed, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 250 g fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 300 ml light cooking cream
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan
- ⅓ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup finely chopped semi-sundried tomatoes in oil
- Cook pasta in a stockpot of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain. Return to pot. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, deep, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until crisp. Remove bacon. Cool frying pan slightly. Reduce heat to low.
- Add onion to pan. Cook, stirring, until soft. Add spinach and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until just wilted. Add cream. Bring to boil. Stir in bacon.
- Stir spinach mixture into pasta with parmesan, parsley and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into a serving dish and serve hot.
Remove bacon from pan using a slotted spoon so the bacon-flavoured oil remains in the pan to cook the onion.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||17.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||83.3 g|
|- Sugars||12.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.3 g|