Not quite traditional Mexican, this taco pie will give the family a laugh – and a surprise when they taste how good it is! Made with a corn chip base with beef.
- 200 g packet cheese-flavoured corn chips
- ½ cup grated mozzarella
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 500 g lean beef mince
- 30 g packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 ½ cups finely shredded lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- ⅓ cup light sour cream
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced). Grease a 23cm fluted, loose-bottom quiche tin. Reserve a small handful of corn chips, then place remaining chips into a food processor. Process until finely crushed. Add the cheese, pulse to combine.
- With the motor running, add 2 tablespoons olive oil and ¼ cup water. Press into base and sides of greased pan. Bake for 15-17 min, or until crust is golden. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a pan over a medium-high heat. Add onion and mince, cook, breaking up lumps with a spoon, for 5 min. Add taco seasoning and ¾ cup water, and continue cooking for 5-7 min, or until thickened.
- Spoon mince into prepared crust. Top with remaining ingredients. Garnish with sliced red onion, sliced Jalapenos and coriander leaves, if desired. Serve immediately.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||38.4 g|
|- Sugars||5.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.4 g|