With a secret ingredient (a packet of chicken noodle soup), these stuffed pumpkins are a treat! Feta, beef mince & garlic make a great mix of taste & texture.
- 1 large butternut pumpkin, halved and seeds removed
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400 g lean beef mince
- 45 g packet dry chicken soup with noodles mix
- 2 tbsp uncooked basmati rice
- 2 tsp mild curry powder
- 50 g firm feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Line a tray with baking paper. Drizzle the inside of each pumpkin half with oil. Place pumpkins flesh-side-up on tray. Cook in the oven for 1 hr 20 min, or until tender.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a frying pan. Add onion and garlic, and cook for 2 min. Add mince, breaking up lumps, and cook for 5 min. Add soup mix, rice and curry powder, and stir to combine. Add 1¼ cups water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and simmer for 20 min, stirring occasionally until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. Set aside.
- Remove pumpkin from the oven and scoop out flesh, leaving a 1cm border. Stir pumpkin flesh through mince and spoon back into the pumpkin skin. Sprinkle with feta and black pepper. Return to the oven for 10 min. Garnish with herbs. Serve with steamed greens.
Try adding this mixture to hollow, steamed zucchini, baby nugget pumpkins or red capsicums.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||27.7 g|
|- Sugars||5.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.8 g|