Recipe by: David Braybrooke
This simple, yet impressive dessert is a real winner. With store-bought mini meringues, no cooking time, and fresh fruit, it's a summertime dessert special.
- 100 g packet mini meringues
- 600 ml thickened cream
- 500 g fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 250 g fresh raspberries
- ¼ cup pomegranate juice
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Crumble half the meringues and set the remaining ones aside. In a bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form using electric beaters. Add the broken meringues and stir gently to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine both berries and pomegranate juice. Place ¼ of the berry mixture into another bowl and set aside.
- Add the remaining berry mixture to the whipped cream and add the choc bits. Fold gently. Spoon mixture into glasses. Top with reserved berries, meringues and a little grated chocolate.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||23.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||26.9 g|
|- Sugars||23.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.1 g|