Recipe by: Helena Lister
This Turkish flan takes only 15 minutes to prep. The creamy, sweet vanilla dessert can be served hot or cold, and is great when served with sliced oranges.
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 125 g cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 395 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 ½ cups full cream milk
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- Preheat oven on 160°C (140°C fan forced). Select a 10 cm x 20cm small loaf pan. Place sugar and ¼ cup of water into a small saucepan over low heat. Stir to dissolve. Increase heat and cook for 8-10 min or until golden in colour.
- Pour toffee mixture into loaf pan and swirl to coat the sides and base.
- Place remaining ingredients into a food processor. Blend until mixture is smooth. Pour into loaf pan and place into a deep baking dish. Fill the dish with hot water ⅔ of the way and bake for 1 hr 30 min or until set. Cool slightly before inverting onto a small plate. Serve with fresh fruits.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||10.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||51.7 g|
|- Sugars||51.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.0 g|