Bread dipped in a silky egg mix, panfried to perfection and stacked high with fruit, yoghurt and maple syrup. Hello breakfast! And it's all gluten-free!
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup coconut milk powder
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 8 slices sliced gluten-free soy and linseed bread
- 40 g unsalted butter, chopped
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 banana, sliced, to serve
- coconut-flavoured yogurt, to serve
- roasted coconut chips, to serve
- 1 punnet fresh blueberries, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Put a wire rack on a large oven tray. Whisk eggs, milk, coconut powder and sugar in a large shallow bowl. Add bread in a single layer and set aside for 10 minutes to soak. Flip bread and soak for a further 5 minutes.
- Heat ¼ of the butter and 1 tsp of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat until butter melts. Put 2 soaked bread slices in pan and cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden brown. Transfer French toast to prepared tray, cover loosely with foil and keep warm in the oven.
- Repeat Step 2 three more times with remaining slices, butter and oil.
- Stack French toast with banana, yoghurt, maple syrup, coconut chips and blueberries. Serve immediately.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||18.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||57.7 g|
|- Sugars||25.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.9 g|