Crunchy, nutty and delicious! With a buttery biscuit base, these slices are seriously sweet thanks to sticky, gooey honey. Perfect for afternoon teas.
- 110 g butter, melted
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 cup plain flour
- ⅔ cup almond meal
- 125 g butter chopped, plus a little extra
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 cups unsalted mixed nuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Line the base and sides of an 18 x 28cm slice pan with baking paper.
- Combine melted butter, caster sugar, flour and almond meal in a bowl. Press into base of pan and bake for 15 min.
- Place the extra butter, brown sugar and honey into a saucepan and stir over a medium-low heat until combined. Simmer for 3-4 min, or until golden.
- Stir in nuts. Pour over base and bake a further 15 min or until golden brown. Let cool in pan, cut into pieces to serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||15.5 g|
|- Sugars||11.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.5 g|