Recipe by: Jackie Booysen
This easy-peasy sausage dinner is just a little bit more special than your usual bangers & mash. Cheese & bacon give pork sausages a saltier, more delish taste.
- 6 large pork sausages, cooked and drained
- 125 g tasty cheese, sliced
- 6 middle bacon rashers, rind removed
- 2 tbsp chutney, plus a little extra
- frozen potato wedges, to serve
- Make a slit halfway through each cooked sausage, being careful not to cut all the way through. Fill the split with cheese slices.
- Spread bacon rashers with chutney and top each with a cheese filled sausage. Wrap the bacon around the sausage and secure with toothpicks.
- Place under a grill and cook for 10 min, turning regularly. Serve with extra chutney, potato wedges and a side salad.
Use your favourite chutney or sauce for this recipe and choose sausages to suit your taste and budget.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||20.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||4.7 g|
|- Sugars||4.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.2 g|