A clever and budget-friendly idea for an afternoon snack, these apple wedges are coated in dark chocolate, then topped with whatever topping you choose!
- 2 apples, cut into wedges, core removed
- 100 g melted dark chocolate
- 20 g toasted coconut flakes, to serve (optional)
- 20 g chopped dried fruit medley, to serve (optional)
- 20 g mixed seeds, to serve (optional)
- 20 g mixed nuts, to serve (optional)
- Cut 2 apples into wedges, removing the core. Dip slices into 100g melted dark chocolate, shaking off the excess. Transfer to a lined baking tray. Sprinkle with desired toppings (see below). Set aside until chocolate is firm. Serve immediately or chill until required.
- Choose assorted seeds, nuts and healthy toppings like toasted coconut, chia seeds and chopped dried fruit for sprinkling over the chocolate fruit slices.
If making ahead, lightly crush apple slices with lemon juice to stop browning.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||22.8 g|
|- Sugars||20.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.6 g|