This pistachio dukkah lamb salad only takes 30 minutes to whip up. With fresh red cabbage, fruity dried cranberries and lemon yoghurt dressing, it's delicious!
- 1 ½ cups couscous
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 lamb cutlets, trimmed
- 2 tbsp pistachio dukkah
- 200 g red cabbage, shredded
- 100 g fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup dried sweetened cranberries
Garlic yoghurt dressing
- ⅔ cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- To make couscous, bring 2¼ cups water to boil in a large saucepan. Add couscous. Remove from heat. Season. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, toss lamb with dukkah in a large bowl until well coated. Season.
- To make salad, place all ingredients in a large bowl. Toss well.
- Heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add lamb in two batches. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 3 minutes.
- To make dressing, combine all ingredients in a small jug. Season.
- Serve lamb with couscous and salad. Drizzle over dressing.
Lamb can be replaced with chicken breast fillets, and dukkah with any flavoured variety. Dressing can be made up to two days ahead. Keep, covered, in the fridge.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||85.7 g|
|- Sugars||13.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.2 g|