If you love your scone afternoon teas, try this scone recipe with a twist! Warm blueberry scones with white chocolate, crumble and melt as you devour them…
- 2 cups self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- ½ cup pure cream
- ½ - ⅔ cup milk
- ⅔ cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup white chocolate melts
- Extra 2 tsp white sugar
- Spreadable butter, to serve
- Grease and line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Combine sifted flour and sugar in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Add cream and ½ cup of the milk. Using a flat-bladed knife, gently stir to form a sticky dough, gradually adding extra milk, if needed. Add berries and chocolate. Stir with knife until just combined.
- Turn out onto a bench lightly dusted with extra flour. Very gently knead to form a smooth, soft dough. Gently pat dough into an 18cm round, 3cm thick. Transfer to prepared oven tray. Using a sharp knife, score dough into eight wedges. Sprinkle with extra sugar.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 35 minutes, or until golden brown and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cover with a clean tea towel. Stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm scone wedges with butter.
be replaced with frozen mixed berries or raspberries, if you prefer.
Don’t over-knead the dough otherwise it will become tough.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||35.6 g|
|- Sugars||12.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.3 g|