Enjoy a budget-friendly Spanish-style dinner, lunch or brunch with these paprika, capsicum and tomato eggs. Chopped chorizo pieces add extra Spanish flair.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 chorizo (160g), chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 700 g vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup drained, chopped canned fire-roasted capsicum strips
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 eggs
- Heat oil in a medium, nonstick frying pan (base measures 22cm x 5cm deep) over a medium heat. Add chorizo, onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until onion is soft. Stir in paste and paprika.
- Add tomatoes, peppers and vinegar. Bring to boil. Boil gently, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until tomatoes start to break down and sauce thickens.
- Crack eggs over the top of tomato mixture. Cover pan with lid. Cook for a further 5 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
- Garnish with parsley. Serve with sliced breadstick.
Spice this up with dried chilli flakes. The tomato mixture is delicious served over pasta or rice.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||10.1 g|
|- Sugars||8.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.6 g|