Side salad or vegies? Why not have both with this vegie salad of green beans, crumbled feta, couscous and tomatoes. It's a great side salad or main salad base.
- 350 g green beans, trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 ½ cups prepared chicken stock
- 1 ½ cups couscous
- 2 tsp finely grated fresh lemon rind
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 100 g soft feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil or microwave beans until tender. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Drain.
- To make dressing, whisk all ingredients in a small jug.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes, or until soft. Add tomatoes. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add stock. Bring to boil. Stir in couscous and rind. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Transfer couscous mixture to a large bowl. Stir through beans and parsley.
- Sprinkle over feta before serving.
Dressing can be made up to one day ahead. Place in a screw-top jar in the fridge.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||50.8 g|
|- Sugars||4.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.3 g|