Now this is one hearty wintertime soup! With pieces of bacon, cauliflower and onion, this creamy herb-rich soup will fast become a weeknight favourite.
- 3 onions, finely chopped
- 250 g rindless shortcut bacon rashers, finely chopped
- 1 ½ litres (6 cups) chicken stock
- 1 kg cauliflower, trimmed, cut into small florets
- 150 g tub light cream cheese with chives
- Heat an oiled stockpot over a medium heat. Add onions and bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, or until onions are soft.
- Add stock and caulifower. Bring to boil. Simmer, covered, for about 10 minutes, or until caulifower is tender. Remove from heat. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Blend 3 cups of the soup until smooth. Return to soup in pot. Stir over a medium heat until hot. Remove. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley (optional).
Soup can be made up to two days ahead. Keep, covered, in the fridge. Makes 10 cups.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||7.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||12.1 g|
|- Sugars||6.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.4 g|