If your family have collected themselves a lovely (and large) collection of Easter eggs over Easter, copy Baby Mac and bake them into a delish banana bread!
- 3- 4 overripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 50 g butter, melted
- about 200 g leftover Easter chocolate, crumbled
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- ¼ cup plain flour
- ⅔ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a loaf pan with baking paper.
- Add mashed bananas, milk, eggs, butter and chocolate to a mixing bowl.
- In another large bowl, sift flours, sugar and cinnamon together.
- Add the banana mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well. Transfer to the lined loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 mins until cooked through. Every oven is different, so test by inserting a skewer into the centre of the loaf – the skewer should come out with no batter on it.
- Remove bread from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan, before transferring to a wire rack, to cool completely.
This banana bread will keep wrapped tightly in plastic wrap in the fridge for up to 3 days, or frozen in a freezer-safe bag for up to 3 months.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||67.4 g|
|- Sugars||37.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.5 g|