This fast stir-fry is a great way to incorporate more greens into your diet. With garlic, red chilli and green spring onions, it's a tasty weeknight bowl.
- 600 g chicken breast fillets
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp water
- ¼ cup oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce, or gluten-free style
- 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 300 g green beans, trimmed
- 5 green spring onions, cut into 4cm lengths, plus extra to serve
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 sliced fresh red chilli, to garnish
- steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Cut chicken into thin slices. Toss with half the oil.
- Blend cornflour in water in a jug. Add sauces and wine. Mix well. Set aside.
- Heat a large wok over a high heat. Add chicken in two batches. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes, or until just cooked. Remove.
- Heat remaining oil in same hot wok. Add beans, onions and garlic. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes, or until beans are just tender.
- Add sauce mixture and chicken. Stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until chicken is cooked and sauce is slightly thickened.
- Garnish stir-fry with sliced chilli and extra onions. Serve with rice.
If short of time, replace chicken fillets with stir-fry strips.
Stir cornflour mixture before adding to wok.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||8.4 g|
|- Sugars||2.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.5 g|