A fast weeknight main that's a little more exciting than just your classic meatballs. This meatball recipe gets extra flavour thanks to roasted capsicum.
- 700 g jar passata sauce
- 1 cup chopped canned fire-roasted capsicum strips (180g)
- 2 cups prepared chicken stock
- 1 ½ cups couscous
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 600 g lamb mince
- 1 red onion, grated
- ⅓ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ⅓ cup finely chopped fresh oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- To make meatballs, combine mince with onion, breadcrumbs, garlic, cumin and half the oregano. Season. Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls.
- Heat an oiled, large, deep, non-stick frying pan. Add meatballs. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, turning once, until starting to brown.
- Add passata, capsicum and ½ cup of the stock. Simmer for about 10 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked.
- Meanwhile, bring remaining stock to boil in a large saucepan. Stir in couscous and zucchini. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Serve meatballs mixture over couscous. Sprinkle with remaining oregano.
Uncooked meatballs can be made up to one day ahead. Keep, covered, in the fridge.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||16.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||99.5 g|
|- Sugars||17.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||11.5 g|