A great source of omega-3, this Asian salmon bowl includes steamed baby bok choy, rice vermicelli noodles, fresh chilli, sesame seeds and a soy ginger dressing.
- 4 x 150 g boneless skinless salmon fillets
- 200 g packet rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- steamed baby bok choy, to serve
Soy ginger dressing
- ⅓ cup soy sauce, or gluten-free option
- 2 tbsp mirin seasoning
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves
- 2 green spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 fresh long red chilli, thinly sliced
- To make dressing, whisk all ingredients in a small jug until combined.
- Place salmon on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle over ¼ cup of the dressing.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for 8 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to packet directions. Drain. Cool slightly. Cut noodles into smaller pieces using kitchen scissors.
- To make herb salad, combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Toss well.
- Divide noodles among serving bowls. Top with salmon and steamed bok choy. Drizzle over remaining dressing. Scatter over salad. Sprinkle with seeds.
As an alternative to noodles, replace with white or brown rice.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||46.4 g|
|- Sugars||5.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.3 g|