Perfect for weekends with friends, these frittatas are full of vegie goodness with butternut pumpkin and fresh asparagus. Eggs make it a good source of protein.
- 500 g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus (160g), trimmed, cut into 3 cm pieces
- 2 green spring onions, chopped
- 100 g goat's cheese, crumbled
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup pure cream
- ½ cup self-raising flour
- 2 tsp fresh lemon thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ⅔ cup grated tasty cheese
- sliced avocado, to serve
- fresh lemon thyme sprigs, to garnish
- Line a 6-hole Texas muffin pan (3/4-cup capacity) with muffin wraps.
- Steam or microwave pumpkin until tender. Drain. Cool slightly.
- Divide pumpkin, asparagus, onions and goat’s cheese evenly among pan holes.
- Whisk eggs, cream, flour and thyme in a large jug until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Pour evenly over filling in pan holes. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for 30 minutes, or until set and golden.
- Serve topped with avocado. Garnish with thyme sprigs and cracked pepper.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||14.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||16.6 g|
|- Sugars||3.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.0 g|