If you're looking for a tasty meal, that's wallet-friendly and filling, try these Korean beef lettuce cups with carrot, garlic, ginger and sesame seeds.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 5 green spring onions, thinly sliced, plus extra to serve
- 1 large carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 500 g beef mince
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- iceberg lettuce leaves, to serve
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add onions, carrot, garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until carrot is soft. Add beef. Increase heat to high.
- Cook, stirring to break up mince, for about 5 minutes, or until browned. Add combined soy, sugar, mirin and sesame oil. Stir for about 5 minutes, or until liquid is evaporated. Stir in seeds.
- Serve warm beef in lettuce leaves. Garnish with extra sliced onions.
For the perfect lettuce cups, cut base from the iceberg. Run lettuce under cold water and gently pull leaves apart. Cover with damp absorbent kitchen paper in the fridge until ready to serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||8.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||14.2 g|
|- Sugars||10.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.7 g|