Roasted tomatoes are topped with parmesan, herbs and breadcrumbs, and served alongside balsamic pan-fried chicken, on top of a bed of fluffy risoni pasta.
- 600 g skinless chicken thigh fillets, trimmed
- Salt and peper, to taste
- 4 tomatoes halved crossways
- ⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ cups risoni
- 200 g fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place tomatoes, cut-side up, on an oiled oven tray. Top with combined breadcrumbs, parmesan, herbs and half the oil.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, cook risoni in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain. Combine with spinach and remaining oil. Stir until wilted.
- Heat an oiled, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add chicken. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until browned and cooked. Remove chicken. Cool pan slightly.
- Add combined vinegar and honey to pan. Return to heat. Simmer until slightly thickened. Return chicken, turning to coat in glaze.
- Serve risoni with tomatoes, chicken and pan juices.
Cool pan slightly before adding vinegar to pan, and be careful to avoid fumes.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||85.1 g|
|- Sugars||13.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.3 g|