The family will love these lemon beef skewers. Seasoned with olive oil, dijon mustard, lemon and herbs, they're a tasty weeknight meal with heaps of flavour.
- 600 g beef rump steak, trimmed
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- ⅓ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 x 25cm wooden skewers
- steamed fresh green beans, to serve
- steamed carrots, to serve
- 800 g potatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Cut beef into 1.5cm-thick strips. Place in a large bowl.
- Combine rind, juice, rosemary, parsley, mustard and half the oil in a small bowl. Season. Pour half over beef. Toss to coat. Thread evenly onto skewers.
- To make garlic potatoes, boil or microwave potatoes until tender. Drain. Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan. Add garlic and potatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until hot. Season.
- Heat an oiled grill plate over a medium to high heat. Add skewers in two batches. Cook, turning occasionally, for 2 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Pour over remaining lemon mixture. Turn to coat.
- Serve skewers with garlic potatoes, beans and carrots.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||8.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||24.9 g|
|- Sugars||2.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.0 g|