With crispy beans & crunchy peanuts, this tofu curry is a great mix of textures & flavours. It's a fabulous Thai-style curry with greens & red capsicum.
- 1 ½ cups long-grain rice
- 1 onion, thickly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- ⅓ cup Penang curry paste
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 400 ml can coconut cream
- 2 lime leaves, thinly sliced
- 300 g packet firm tofu, cut into 1.5 cm pieces
- 300 g green beans, trimmed
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed, cut into 5 cm lengths
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ⅓ cup chopped, dry roasted unsalted peanuts
- Boil, steam or microwave rice until tender. Drain. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat an oiled wok over a high heat. Add onion and capsicum. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes, or until almost tender. Add paste. Stir-fry until fragrant. Add stock, cream and half the leaves. Bring to boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add tofu, beans and broccolini. Simmer for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender. Stir in sauce.
- Serve over rice. Garnish with peanuts and remaining leaves.
Be careful not to over-cook beans and broccolini. Cook until just tender and bright green. Heat tofu through.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||31.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||74.8 g|
|- Sugars||13.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.9 g|