Perfect for a relaxed weekend lunch or picnic with family or friends, these antipasti jars are firing with flavour. Serve up marinated vegies on crusty bread.
- 2 large red capsicums
- 1 large yellow capsicum
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed, halved
- 280 g jar canned artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 cups pure olive oil
- ⅔ cup Sicilian olives
- 180 g tub cherry bocconcini, drained
- 4 small sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 strips fresh lemon rind
- 1 tsp mixed peppercorns
- crusty bread, to serve
- prosciutto, to serve
- Preheat grill to high. Cut sides off capsicum, discarding seeds and core. Trim away white pith. Place a large piece of foil on grill tray and lay capsicum pieces on top, skin side up (if tray isn’t big enough, this will have to be done in two batches). Place under hot grill, on top shelf, and cook until skin blackens and blisters. Use tongs to stack capsicum pieces in centre of foil on tray, then wrap to enclose and set aside for 30 minutes. Peel off blackened skin and discard. Cut capsicum into thick strips. Set aside.
- Heat a char-grill plate over a high heat. Combine asparagus and artichoke hearts with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Char-grill for 4-5 minutes, turning occasionally or until charred. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Divide capsicum slices, asparagus, artichokes, olives, bocconcini, rosemary, bay leaves, lemon rind and peppercorns between two 750ml-capacity sterilised preserving jars. Pour remaining oil over vegetables until they are covered, pushing herbs and lemon rind in between vegetables.
- Allow to stand for 2 hours before serving, or refrigerate until ready to serve. Oil will solidify once refrigerated but will melt when left at room temperature (see tip). Serve from jar or spoon into a bowl. Serve with crusty bread and prosciutto.
Store antipasti in the fridge for up to one month.To melt the oil quickly, sit the jar in a bowl of warm water.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||10.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||6.4 g|
|- Sugars||2.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.6 g|