If you don't like your muesli bars crunchy, these deliciously nutty bars are a great option. With almonds, honey and dried fruit, they're a fabulous energy hit.
- 125 g unsalted butter
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup crunchy almond spread
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 2 cups (200g) quick oats
- 2 tbsp linseeds
- 1 cup (160g) natural almonds, chopped
- ½ cup (80g) pepitas
- ⅓ cup (60g) diced dried apricots or cranberries
- ⅓ cup (60g) sultanas, raisins or currants
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate bits
- ½ tsp grated orange rind
- Grease and line a 28cm x 18cm slice tin with baking paper, overhanging two long sides by 3cm. Preheat oven to 160°C. Put butter, honey, almond spread and sugar in a small saucepan over a medium-low heat. Cook, stirring until sugar has melted. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes.
- Place oats, linseeds, almonds, pepitas, apricots, sultanas, chocolate bits and rind in a large bowl, and stir until combined. Add butter mixture and stir until combined. Press into prepared tin. Smooth surface with a metal spatula.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until darkened in colour. Allow to cool completely. It will harden on cooling. Lift out of tin and cut into bars or squares (bites) to serve.
Store bars in an airtight container for up to one week.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||28.5 g|
|- Sugars||19.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.4 g|