Perfect in summer, this fresh berry-topped ice-cream cake recipe used only 5 ingredients, and with only 15 minutes prep time, your freezer does the rest.
- 450 g store-bought plain madeira cake loaf, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 1 litre tub mixed berry sorbet, softened
- 2 cups vanilla ice-cream, softened
- 125 g fresh raspberries
- ½ x 250 g fresh strawberries, hulled and diced
- Line a 22cm round springform pan with plastic wrap. Arrange Madeira cake over the base of pan, trimming as needed to completely cover the base. Freeze for 10 min.
- Spoon half the sorbet over the cake base, smoothing the surface. Freeze for 30 min. Top with a layer of ice cream. Freeze for a further 20 min.
- Top with raspberries and diced strawberries, then the remaining sorbet. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze overnight. Transfer to a serving plate. To serve, stand for 10 min, then cut
into wedges. Garnish with extra berries and serve with berry coulis if desired.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||50.7 g|
|- Sugars||29.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.9 g|