Everyone loves a marshmallowy wagon wheel. So why not make a gigantic one? This chocolate & jam special will be a hit amongst kids and everyone's child within.
- 1 cup plain flour
- ½ cup icing sugar mixture
- 125 g butter, diced
- ½ cup raspberry jam or conserve
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 2 ½ tsp gelatine powder
- 200 g dark chocolate, melted
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- ¼ cup toasted flaked almonds
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Line the base and sides of a 22cm round springform pan with baking paper. Place flour, icing sugar and butter into a food processor and process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Press into the base of prepared pan and bake in the oven for 15-20 min. Spread raspberry jam evenly over the hot base. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, place caster sugar, gelatine powder and ½ cup water into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 min. Remove from heat and let cool until mixture is warm.
- Pour sugar/gelatine mixture into a bowl. Using electric beaters, beat for 10 min or until mixture is thick. Spread mixture evenly over the jam layer. Chill for 1 hr.
- Place slice onto baking paper. Combine melted chocolate and oil. Using a palate knife, spread almost all the chocolate over the marshmallow, smoothing the top and sides. Decorate sides with almonds. Chill for 30 min. Pop reserved chocolate into a piping bag and drizzle over the slice. Garnish with raspberries if desired. Cut into fingers to serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||29.3 g|
|- Sugars||20.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.5 g|