This gluten-free porridge recipe is a great substitute for many breakfast cereals. With cinnamon, strawberries & dried cranberries, it's great when on-the-go.
- 1 cup tricolour quinoa blend
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 12 large fresh strawberries, sliced
- Rinse quinoa and place into a pan with 1½ cups water. Bring to the boil, then cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 12-15 min or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the milk, vanilla, cinnamon and cranberries. Cook for a further 2 min.
- Divide into serving bowls and top with strawberry slices. Drizzle with honey or maple syrup and serve with a spoonful of yoghurt.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||43.7 g|
|- Sugars||16.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.5 g|