How do you make a pavlova more delicious? Add Maltesers to it! With mascarpone cream stuffed between layers of chocolate-flavoured meringue, it's malt-magic!
- 8 eggwhites, at room temperature
- 2 cups caster sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- mascarpone cream, see below
- 250 g fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 140 g Maltesers or other dark or milk chocolate covered malt balls
- 250 g mascarpone
- 1 ½ cups thickened cream
- ⅓ cup icing sugar mixture
- Preheat oven to 130°C (110°C fan forced). Take 2 sheets of baking paper, draw a 20cm circle onto one and a 15cm circle onto the other sheet using a lead pencil. Turn sheets over and place each onto a baking tray.
- Beat egg whites in a large bowl with electric beaters until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, beating well until sugar is dissolved and mixture is thick and glossy. Sift over cocoa power and add vinegar. Fold to combine.
- Spoon ⅔ of the mixture onto the tray with the 20cm circle and remaining onto tray with 15cm circle. Spread out to match circle sizes. Place pavlovas into the oven and bake for 1 hr 15 min or until dry to touch. Turn oven off and cool pavlovas in the oven with the door ajar.
- Spread the mascarpone cream across both layers and decorate with strawberry slices and whole Maltesers. Drizzle with chocolate sauce and stack onto a serving platter, or serve as individual layers.
- Beat mascarpone in a bowl, using electric beaters, until smooth. Add thickened cream and icing sugar mixture. Roughly crush Maltesers and fold through the cream. Chill until required.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||13.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||38.6 g|
|- Sugars||36.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.9 g|