Arriba arriba! Put Mexican on the menu tonight. Dine in, in-style with this easy bean and beef mince nacho dish for one. Who said meals for one were boring?
- ¼ tsp olive oil
- ½ brown onion, finely chopped
- 80 g broccoli, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 100 g extra lean beef mince
- 1 ½ tsp salt-reduced taco seasoning mix
- 400 g no-added-salt tomato puree
- 60 ml (¼ cup) water
- 125 g can canned red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 20 g Macro Organic corn tortilla chips
- 1 tbsp extra light sour cream
- fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Heat oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, broccoli and carrot. Cook, stirring often, for 4 minutes. Increase heat to high and add beef mince. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until mince is browned. Add seasoning and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, water and kidney beans to the pan. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, then uncover and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180˚C (fan-forced). Wrap corn chips loosely in foil. Heat in the oven for 5 minutes, or until warmed through.
- Pour mince mixture into a serving dish. Push corn chips into mince. Top with sour cream and coriander leaves.
Nutrition info PER SERVE: 2169kJ, protein 39g, total fat 14.5g (sat. fat 5.8g), carbs 46g, fibre 21g, sodium 653mg • Carb exchanges 3 • GI estimate low
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||55.8 g|
|- Sugars||28.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||18.1 g|