Good-for-you-greens & heart-healthy salmon make this salad a ‘must-make’ meal. Serving one, it's perfect when eating alone and want something delicious!
- 200 g Carisma potatoes, chopped
- ½ bunch fresh asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 50 g green beans, trimmed
- 2 tsp Jamie Oliver Italian herb green pesto
- 2 tbsp low-fat plain Greek-style yoghurt
- ¼ cup small fresh basil leaves
- zest of ¼ lemon
- 3 green olives, pitted, halved
- 105 g canned red salmon, drained, broken into large pieces
- Put potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with plenty of cold water. Cover and bring to a simmer over high heat. Simmer for 5-6 minutes, or until just tender. Add asparagus and beans and simmer for 1 minute. Drain and rinse under cold water. Diagonally slice asparagus and beans. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Whisk pesto and yoghurt in a small bowl. Add to potato mixture and toss to combine. Add basil leaves, lemon zest, olives and salmon. Toss to combine. Transfer to a bowl and serve.
For a tasty twist on this dish, swap the herb pesto for a tomato pesto, lemon zest with lime and the salmon with canned tuna in springwater.
PER SERVE 1559kJ, protein 31g, total fat 12g (sat. fat 2.5g), carbs 30g, fibre 8g, sodium 656mg • Carb exchanges 2 • GI estimate low • Gluten free
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||29.2 g|
|- Sugars||6.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.3 g|