Enjoy these zesty lime mini muffins with a cup of tea. They can be made up to two days ahead, or can even be stored in the freezer for up to three months.
- cooking spray
- 75 g (½ cup) self-raising flour
- 40 g (¼ cup) wholemeal self-raising flour
- 40 g (¼ cup) wholemeal plain flour
- 110 g (½ cup) caster sugar
- 85 g (¾ cup) almond meal
- zest of 2 limes
- 125 ml (½ cup) skim milk
- 60 g egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- Preheat oven to 170°C (fan-forced). Spray 24 x 30ml (1½ tablespoons) non-stick mini muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Combine flours, sugar, almond meal and lime zest in a medium bowl. In a small bowl, whisk milk, egg and vanilla extract. Add to flour mixture with lime juice and mix until just combined.
- Spoon mixture evenly between prepared muffin tins. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until light golden brown on top and cooked through when tested with a skewer. Set aside in tins for 5 minutes.
- Use a small, sharp knife to loosen cake bites. Transfer to a wire rack. Set aside to cool completely.
The cakes can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days, or in the freezer for 3 months.
PER SERVE 567kJ, protein 4g, total fat 4.7g (sat. fat 0.4g), carbs 19g, fibre 2g, sodium 88mg • Carb exchanges 11⁄3 • GI estimate medium
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||10.2 g|
|- Sugars||5.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.9 g|