Have the healthiest and most delicious lunch in the office with this scrumptious egg sandwich recipe. You can even prep the egg mix the night before work!
- 2 x 60 g eggs
- 3 fresh asparagus spears, woody ends trimmed
- 1 pinch curry powder or gluten-free curry powder
- 1 tbsp 97% fat-free mayonnaise or gluten-free mayonnaise
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 1 cup fresh watercress leaves picked
- 2 slices Helga's low carb wholemeal and seed sliced bread or gluten-free bread
- Put eggs in a saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes, adding asparagus for the last 30 seconds. Drain. Rinse in cold water.
- Peel eggs and put in a small bowl. Diagonally slice asparagus. Combine egg and asparagus with a fork. Add curry powder, mayonnaise, lemon juice and pepper. Stir well.
- Place 1 slice of bread on a plate. Spoon watercress and egg mixture onto bread. Top with second slice of bread.
The egg mixture can be made the night before and kept, covered, in the fridge.
PER SERVE 1547kJ, protein 26g, total fat 15.9g (sat. fat 3.2g), carbs 26g, fibre 8g, sodium 590mg • Carb exchanges 12⁄3 • GI estimate low • Lower-carb option • Gluten-free option
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||15.4 g|
|- Sugars||3.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.5 g|