Crumbed and tasty! Served with dill and lemon-herbed potatoes, these healthier chicken schnitzels are made with wholemeal flour & multigrain breadcrumbs.
- 3 tbsp wholemeal plain flour
- 60 g egg, lightly whisked
- 60 ml (¼ cup) skim milk
- 90 g (1 cup) multigrain breadcrumbs
- 200 g uncrumbed veal schnitzel, cut into 4 pieces, flattened out
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tbsp Ocean Spray jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 tbsp Philadelphia light cooking cream
- fresh dill sprigs, to serve (optional)
- 20 g (1 cup) rocket leaves, to serve
- 2 lemon, cut into wedges, to serve
- 250 g Carisma potatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- finely grated zest of ½ lemon
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper, to season
- To make herbed potatoes, put potatoes in a small microwave-safe dish. Add 60ml (¼ cup) water. Cover and cook on high/100% for 5-6 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain well and transfer to a bowl. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, put flour on a plate. Whisk egg and milk together in a shallow bowl. Place breadcrumbs on a plate. Dip each piece of veal in flour, then coat in egg and breadcrumbs. Transfer to a large plate and refrigerate until required.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (fan-forced). Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place veal on tray and spray top with cooking spray. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the crumb is lightly golden.
- Add dill, lemon zest, oil and pepper to potatoes. Toss to combine. Combine cranberry sauce and light cream in a small dish. Serve schnitzel with the herbed potatoes, creamy sauce, rocket leaves and lemon cheeks.
PER SERVE 1949kJ, protein 38g, total fat 9.7g (sat. fat 2.4g), carbs 53g, fibre 5g, sodium 367mg • Carb exchanges 3½ • GI estimate low
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||50.4 g|
|- Sugars||10.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||8.9 g|