Make your roast potatoes more interesting with paprika and lemon. Save time by cooking potatoes in the microwave first, and a sensational side is moments away.
- 1 kg chat potatoes
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp finely grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 tsp sea salt flakes
- 2 tsp paprika
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Cook potatoes in a large pan of boiling water until just tender. Drain. Cool slightly. Flatten warm potatoes with the back of a spoon or press down lightly with a potato masher.
- Heat oil in a large roasting pan in a hot oven (200C) for 10 minutes. Remove pan. Carefully add potatoes, turning to coat in oil. Return to oven. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven. Turn potatoes. Sprinkle with half the combined rind, salt and paprika. Return to oven. Cook for a further 5 minutes, or until potatoes are crisp.
- Serve hot potatoes sprinkled with remaining lemon mixture and lemon wedges.
Potatoes can be cooked in the microwave. Pierce all over with a sharp knife. Place in a microwave-safe container with a little water. Cook, covered, on High for about 10 minutes, or until tender.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||19.3 g|
|- Sugars||1.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.1 g|