This meal makes a quick yet delicious pork dinner. Served with lemony, crisp greens beans and herby potatoes, even the vegetable sides become exciting.
- 500 g chat potatoes, quartered
- 200 g green beans, trimmed
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed, halved crossways
- 8 x 100 g thick-cut pork loin steaks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 2 dried oregano leaves
- 2 tsp finely grated fresh lemon rind
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Microwave potatoes until just tender. Drain.
- Boil or microwave beans and broccolini, separately, until tender. Drain. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, toss pork with half the oil and paprika in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add pork in two batches. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until just cooked through. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil.
- Heat remaining oil in same, clean frying pan over a high heat. Add potatoes and oregano. Season. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 7 minutes, or until golden. Stir in rind. Remove from heat.
- Serve pork with potatoes, greens and lemon wedges.
Try chicken breast steaks for a change.
Don’t over-cook pork, or it will be tough. It doesn’t need to be over-cooked to be safe.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||10.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||17.4 g|
|- Sugars||2.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.5 g|